Films in the Main Competition and the Visions Apart Competition of the 43rd Polish Film Festival
Sixteen full-length feature films have been accepted for the Main Competition of the 43rd PFF. They will compete over the Golden Lions and Silver Lions as well as other competition and out-of-competition awards. In the Visions Apart Competition, where the Golden Claw is awarded, seven films have been accepted.
In the Main Competition, there are two full-length directing debuts and three second films of the filmmakers. In Visions Apart – five debuts and two second films. Eight films from the Main Competition and one from Visions Apart will have their premieres at the Polish Film Festival in Gdynia.
In accordance with the PFF Rules and Regulations, the first twelve films for the Main Competition have been selected by the Selection Board, and four other films have been added by the Organizing Committee together with the Director of the Festival.
We present the results of the Festival selection.
THE MAIN COMPETITION OF THE 43RD PFF:
1. “7 emotions”, directed by: Marek Koterski (premiere)
2. “Autsajder”, directed by: Adam Sikora
3. “A Hole in the Head”, directed by: Piotr Subbotko (debut)
4. “Ether”, directed by: Krzysztof Zanussi (premiere)
5. “A Cat with a Dog”, directed by: Janusz Kondratiuk
6. “The Butler”, directed by: Filip Bajon (premiere)
7. “Clergy”, directed by: Wojciech Smarzowski (premiere)
8. “The Mute”, directed by: Bartosz Konopka (second film, premiere)
9. “Once upon a time in November”, directed by: Andrzej Jakimowski
10. “Mug”, directed by: Małgorzata Szumowska
11. “Werewolf”, directed by: Adrian Panek (second film, premiere)
12. “Cold War”, directed by: Paweł Pawlikowski
13. “Fugue”, directed by: Agnieszka Smoczyńska (second film)
14. “Julius”, directed by: Aleksander Pietrzak (debut)
15. “Pardon”, directed by: Jan Jakub Kolski (premiere)
16. “Playing Hard”, directed by: Kinga Dębska (premiere)
THE VISIONS APART COMPETITION OF THE 43RD PFF:
1. “53 Wars”, directed by: Ewa Bukowska (debut)
2. “The Day of Chocolate”, directed by: Jacek Piotr Bławut (debut)
3. “Another Day of Life”, directed by: Damian Nenow, Raúl de la Fuente (debut)
4. “My Friend the Polish Girl”, directed by: Ewa Banaszkiewicz, Mateusz Dymek (debut)
5. “Monument”, directed by: Jagoda Szelc (second film)
6. “Leave Me Not”, directed by: Grzegorz Lewandowski (second film, premiere)
7. “Nina”, directed by: Olga Chajdas (debut)
8. “Windows, Windows”, directed by: Wojciech Solarz (debut)